Vice President, Sales – Ontario
Next Edge Capital Corp. (“Next Edge”) is a boutique alternative investment fund manager and a leader in the structuring and distribution of Alternative and Private Debt investment solutions to Canadian retail investors. Next Edge specializes and focuses on providing unique, non-correlated, pooled investment vehicles to the Canadian retail marketplace. Next Edge offers a range of active, and alternative investment strategies helping investors diversify their investment portfolios and to achieve long-term portfolio appreciation.
Why Join Next Edge Capital?
- To join an entrepreneurial-spirited business
- To capitalize on a unique and attractive compensation structure
- To represent alternative investment products to Retail and Family Office Investment Advisors
- To work within a unique multi-boutique structure that clearly differentiates Next Edge from its peers
- To be part of a highly reputable team and growing firm that has a track record of success
Overview Of Role
As Vice President, Sales, you will be an important member of the Next Edge Sales Team and you will build and lead our firm’s business development efforts in advisory channels, wholesaling our proprietary investment funds to investment advisors and family offices , using your own well- established network, targeted prospecting and focused marketing initiatives. You have an energetic, sales-oriented personality, enjoy working with people and building relationships. With an excellent working knowledge of traditional and alternative investment strategies, you are able to clearly communicate with prospects and identify new business opportunities.
Select Key Responsibilities
- Lead the implementation and execution of all aspects of the Next Edge strategic sales and marketing plan for Next Edge product offerings to third party investment advisors and other investment channels
- Primary responsibility for developing a business development pipeline for Next Edge including identifying prospective clients and centers of influence and engaging with such parties on the firm’s services and investment strategies with a mandate to grow the firm’s assets under management
- Assisting in the preparation and maintenance of sales and marketing materials and strategic planning of marketing initiatives
- Liaising with other members of the firm to assist with the firm’s business development objectives and other administrative functions, as required.
- Contribute to the firm’s overall leadership, strategic planning, and cultural development.
The ideal candidate will be a successful business builder with strong sales experience interested in using their existing network to establish their own business. The candidate will pursue high net worth business development activities. Key attributes will be:
- You possess a university degree and completion of relevant investment designations (CFA, CIM, CAIA, CSC).
- You have excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- You have significant experience (10+ years) in a business development role, ideally in the mutual fund wholesaling space and prior exposure to alternative investment strategies.
- Experience in private client wealth management or institutional relationship management would also be considered a significant asset
- You enjoy working in a smaller, entrepreneurial environment and are a high-energy, self-motivated, enthusiastic and collaborative team player.
To apply for the position, submit your resume and accompanying cover letter to Richard Goode at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls or recruitment agencies will be accepted.