Inside Sales Associate
Next Edge Capital Corp. (“Next Edge”) is an alternative investment fund manager and a leader in the structuring and distribution of Alternative and Private Debt investment solutions to Canadian retail investors. Next Edge specializes and focuses on providing unique, non-correlated, pooled investment vehicles to the Canadian retail marketplace. Next Edge offer a range of active, and alternative investment strategies helping investors diversify their investment portfolios and to achieve long-term portfolio appreciation.
Job Purpose (Job Summary)
The Inside Sales Associate (ISA) provides support to a team of Retail Sales Professionals (Wholesalers), structured into regional teams across Canada, for a face-to-face sales force. Effective communication and the ongoing development of a collaborative culture within the Sales Team and across the Next Edge organization as a whole are key components in building valuable relationships across the financial community and achieving sales excellence.
Key Responsibilities / Duties
- Arrange advisor meetings as defined in the Territory Sales Plan
- Assist the Territory Team in coordinating branch meetings/small events
- This includes, catering, on-site execution, driving attendance to branch meetings, and determine inclusion of kit materials based on discussion with Wholesaler
General Sales and Marketing Support:
- Co-ordinate and monitor prompt distribution of marketing materials
- Facilitate Territory Team’s access to investment advisors and branches
- Championing service issues for Territory Team’s investment advisors with the Next Edge Client Services Team
- Preparing Wholesalers for one-on-one meetings and branch presentations
- Organize and execute e-marketing campaigns on behalf of Region & Territory
Compliance Sales Practices & Co-operative Marketing Support:
- Works with and provides forms and information to Investments Advisors/Investment Advisor Assistants regarding the investment process at Next Edge and compliance requirements.
- Directs Investment Advisor initiated sales communications (advertisements) through the marketing & compliance approval process
- Acts as the key contact with Investment Advisor (IA) /Investment Advisor Assistant and marketing & compliance
- Keep IA and Wholesaler up-to-date on status of co-op requests
- Processing invoices, preparing cheque requisitions, and submitting invoices to the Next Edge Accounts Payable Team
- Event coordination
- Provide ideas for IA recognition
- Provide ideas for business promotion events
- Assist in monitoring of progress against the Territory Sales Plan
- Add to, maintain and up date IA contact information on the Next Edge contact relationship management database (Salesforce CRM)
Work Experience / Knowledge
- Working knowledge of the mutual fund industry
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in Salesforce CRM
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proactive and takes initiative to improve operational effectiveness
- Must possess excellent organization, problem-solving, issue resolution, attention to detail and customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure, on multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Post secondary education (business, commerce, administration) a definite asset, or equivalent work experience
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC) preferred
- Normal office environment/work from home during Pandemic (details to discuss)
- Normally works a regular schedule of hours, however, hours may vary depending upon the project or assignment such as branch meetings and events
The above information on this job description has been designed to be indicative of the general nature and scope of work performed by employees employed in this capacity. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees employed in this capacity. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
To apply for the position, please submit your resume and an accompanying cover letter to Richard Goode at Richard.email@example.com .
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls or recruitment agencies will be accepted.